You fool. You were always such a fool.
Ep. 21 Neon Genesis Evangelion
compilation of mom unit 01 for my silly au shenanigans
(included the one i drew for the original ask, as well as a really messy sketch that im too tired to even think about finishing but hey its useful for size comparison!!!)
So I’ve watched this entire video and didn’t see anyone making fun of intersex people. Here are some things it made fun of.
- People who self-diagnose for attention [3:02]
- People who make gigantic unfounded statements with no fact checking. [1:43.]
- How shit the tumblr video player is. [2:19]
- Fandoms and their insane bullshit. (Hey, let’s ship characters that don’t even really have a logical reason for being in a relationship!) [3:38]
- People who upload someone else’s content instead of reblogging or making their own content. [5:47]
- People who go apeshit over things not being tagged for “trigger warnings.” [7:20]
- People that believe that they’re really “otherkin” or “hiveminds”. [7:14]
- The overabundance of porn (as if there aren’t a bunch of other websites that have porn readily available.) [4:35]
- People who take images from Reddit, Facebook and Imgur while condemning such websites at the same time. [5:47]
- People who are antagonistic and unnecessarily confrontational for small shit like saying “men and women”. [6:53]
What did this video NOT make fun of?
- People with actual disabilities. (Not an ounce of ableism… just people who make up shit to excuse their poor behavior.)
- Mental illness. (It makes fun of attention whoring. See 1)
- People who are discovering their sexuality. (If anything it’s making fun of people who hate on those who are cisgendered.) [0:58] & [2:31]
- Oppressed groups. (There was nothing making fun of “people of colour”, the disabled, or LGBT individuals. It made fun of people who treat anyone who ISN’T in an oppressed group like shit for dumbass reasons.)
If you’re saying that this video is ableist or cissexist or whatever. You’re probably just saying it because you don’t know how to argue a logical point and you want to cheaply write something off because they’re on to your bullshit.
This video is exactly what satire is.
What is Satire?
sat·ireˈsaˌtīr/nounnoun: satire1.The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.Just because one doesn’t like it, doesn’t mean it isn’t a satire. It just means you don’t like it and it probably hurt your feelings because you’re likely one of the people that this video was making fun of. So instead of realising your issues and doing something about it. You got defensive and tried to make a big stink about it. No, person, you don’t get your way on this one, you’re going to have to grow up.